Monday, December 7, 2009

pearl harbor day

Well, today I salute my Uncle Willie. He was at Pearl Harbor 68...can't believe it was 68 years ago. Well, here is to you all my old friends. I'd buy you a drink if I could. Or a pot of tea as in my grand-pa Joe's case.

Today: Rain. And we need it. Lots more please. And forgive us in SoCal. If the temp goes below 58 ---- it's winter!. I put on my scarf and winter coat. We'll pretend it is freezing. And what the hell, I can actually see snow from my front window. And it's not too far away. Maybe 10-12 miles as the crow flies. And 5 thousand feet higher. But it is an amazing sight. Snow capped mountains so close to home.

well, still bummed about not getting into Sundance this year. Got a note from one of the programmers, we had a good entry. They get over 9000 short films and ours was in the top 200. But from there they cut it down to 90. So we didn't make the cut. Next year we'll do some killer thing with a 'social" message.

Coming up on Holidays. went to the annual Krampus party. Dec 5th. I have to give andrea and hank big kudos for pulling it off every year. They do such a good job. What a great party. I look forward to it each year. And next week is the Cohen's annual party. And they too do an excellent job. Such good friends to one and all.

Might have my surgery over the holidays. So not looking forward to that. Can I put it off ? I guess I can..but I know that I'll feel so much better if I just do it. What? You don't know what surgery I need to have?

This a cliff hanger isn't it.



No comments:

Post a Comment