Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gumby Death

Sunday jam session was called "gumby death" in honor of Art.

Good session too. We have so much stuff getting into the mix. I have sometimes 5 key boards hooked up, all running through fuzz boxes and effects. And also throwing in audio shit from the internet, loops and sound effects. Randall has set up another station very similar but has guitar input too. Then there is the fun room. Full of all kinds of funky instruments. Throw in the drummer, bass and another guitar player we have a huge sonic wall happening. Hit and miss since it is all improve. Very jazz like in it's approach.

Randall has everything rigged into his protools set up so every session is recorded and it is super clean and everything is on it's own track for mixing. We are slowly coming up with more interesting sounds and songs.

loads of fun.

Gonna get surgery friday. Not looking forward to that but will be glad to get it over with. I hope it doesn't keep me off my feet for too long.

Finished Lucky. It's off to Sundance in a week. Damn, I wish I was going up there this year. Had loads of fun last year. Next year we'll be back in I'm sure. Maybe with a feature even.




No comments:

Post a Comment