Monday, November 16, 2009

Danelectro

Got my Danelectro. These guitars are so cheap...but sound sooo good. 275 bucks on ebay. Beatnik burgundy with cream piping. Jimmy Page used a Danelectro 59 all the time in the studio. Always had his gibson les paul on stage but it was one of these cheap-ass guitars he used often.

The thing is light. Made out of particle board and plastic and wood. Anyway, ran it down to the shed and let Joey and Randall give her a work out. The verdict. This is one sweet guitar. I have to say the sound is way better than my Epiphone. It just has a better tone. Now I just have to learn how to play. ( better anyway )

Heard from my old friend Dan the other day. Seems like he has had a real life journey. Getting back around to focusing on his creative pursuits. His situation makes me more determined to get my work done. We have so many projects in the fire right now we just have to pick out the best ones and give them the attention they need. We have a big meeting Thursday with a studio about getting our movie into development. Could be huge. We just have to trust that we'll take this all the way and not have the project go into limbo or worse get yanked from us if it gets too big.

We have several other projects to work on too. And I really want to do my desert biker epic. That one could be a real effing blast to make. Its a very strange project.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to know you like Danelectros. My dad was the founder of Danelectro, Nathan I. Daniel, a major innovator. You might be interested in a tribute I've written to him. It's at http://www.pen4rent.com/pen4rent/tribute.aspx

    ReplyDelete